Wow, I've been neglecting this. Haven't even been throwing up my Facebook updates. A shame FB doesn't give you an option to view just your own updates - it lets you do that on some group pages, after all.
It'll be long, but it's overdue and I haven't clogged up your friends pages in a while people (except for those of you on facebook), so here you go, with newest entries at the end. I'm probably skipping a couple of months, though.
- finds it incredibly easy to slip into a lady's pants. Comfy, too.
(after frustration at being told that jeans are SUPPOSED to be worn half way down your butt in order to stop your bits being crushed, I was shown how half the men in the store were either wearing or trying on womens jeans)
- Meh. Too hot to be NYE. Think I'll delay 2011 until it's cooler and just nap til then.
- is watching partner defeat and horribly murder Perseus, Theseus, numerous other famous names and escape numerous death traps as she seeks to destroy Olympus...
- watching partner battle her way out of Hades for the third time. That place is like a revolving door!
- Doctor Who fail. The melody from the haunting song with a lady singing "ha hoo baaa deh hoooo ba hoo" sounds like it was ripped right out of God of War 3.
- Watching Sue woo Aphrodite. Teehee.
- Has juicer. Has fruits. Needs more recipes. And if you say celery, carrot & ginger I will poke you - that was terrible!
- Wonders if clovers would make for a more sensible lawn cover, since they don't ever seem to grow as high. Or something else, native, perhaps. Grass is a weed anyway, and a mowed lawn supports less wild birds for bugs & grains. Meh @ grass.
- apparently I'm back to not needing glasses, though I'll keep mine for the sharp edges and contrast they give to stars, clouds, traffic lights & movies.
- Aw, disappointed by the end of God of War 3. Was expecting there to be something about the Three Wise Men, a guiding star and, well, something about the birth of the modern God or some such.
- doesn't really comprehend how dinner could be an aphrodesiac. Inevitably any such romantic plans are sideswiped by extended debates on the universe, sugar crashes, bloated bellies & the urge to contemplate upon one's porcelain throne.
Perhaps it would be more sensible to follow passion's whim first & enjoy the subsequent appetite, rather than excuse the calories with the vague hope of burning them later.
- has magic super psychic powers. Within minutes of my phoning family, my niece took her first steps. Hmm... I neglected to ask in which direction she was headed.
- figures sneering at recipes in cook books for lack of flavor might just mean he's graduated from cooking bachelor chow.
- No, human, I'm howling for your blood.
- is continually shocked and appalled by the ineptitude of HR.
- NO, I do NOT want to hand wash every single new item of clothing. It's just a shirt! Just like all my other shirts. It shouldn't have instructions demanding it be handwashed! I ask you, WHO wants to handwash their clothes after spending so much on a washing machine, let alone has time to? What is wrong with clothing manufacturers these days?
- Just had a near-death experience. I really, truly, honestly, thought I was going to die laughing and crying all at once.
- Here I was looking forward to the return of Smallville, Supernatural & Dexter... but instead we have back to back Diagnosis Murder, Mork & Mindy and Touched By An Angel. And Willow's having a baby. My skin is crawling without the moisturization of kryptonite tinged demon tainted blood spatter. @_@
- Clever Mr Abbott. "Dump the National Broadband Network to pay for Queensland flood relief!"
How about "Dump military funding to pay for Queensland flood relief - China would pwn us anyway!" At least the NBN would be marginally more useful - and cheaper. Australia spends 20 billion annually on the military.
- is already on alien wavelengths - can't figure out silly human communication. Accidentally started an interstellar war by cutting the rubber band on a coriander bunch. Really didn't see that one coming!
- is wholly unimpressed by wedding venue per-head prices offered at the bridal expo.
- boggles at how his Suelove manages to be both the daftest & cleverest person he knows. She's giggling away at a giant pile of slushie all around a woefully undersized glass.
- Heh. The govt just called and asked me about the name... and twenty minutes later, for me to put the explanation in writing. XD
- Hooray for overseas book stores that save you 70%! Also, much to my surprise and pleasure, I now love lots of kinds of sushi - at one specific store (Sakura House, Knox) where they make them beautifully with ginger and parsley and wasabi and soy :D
- wonders how many folk running through fields of green and gold to some dream lover wind up sneezing all over them, or if they frequently pause to scratch at their legs for all the hayfever.
- dived into the ocean today
. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh'd forgotten - well, rather, I just didn't know, since I didn't know how to swim - just how pleasant it can be.
[Best highlight of the lot]
- judging by interactions with Sue, my mum-abilities are improving. You know, the whole "Have you looked behind and under things yet?", "Just twist it. It's not complicated. Fiiiine, give it here. See? You can twist in two directions!", "MAKE A LIST"...
- is delighted to discover this dropping-his-surname thing turns out to be an unknown but long standing family tradition tracing back several generations. Kudos to my dad - and his dad, and his dad's dad... so noone can be insulted. :)
- is being distracted by the thought of crafting blinkers to help block out distractions.
- notes a wonderful sensation of clarity after holding his breath underwater for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
I know some folk have held their breath for over 10 minutes, but don't know what a sensible boundary would be for the average human.
- As I form a molten mass of chair and human, I wonder what dinners would be nice served cold. My limited repertoire consists of hot and heavy and just isn't right for a day like today.
- is enrolling in uni right now. :D
- car accident a couple metres in front of me today. Girl ran a red light. Axles ripped up but everyone was okay. Nowhere near as bad as the destruction I saw back in Oregon. ( Read more...Collapse )
- doesn't recommend trying to solve a dispute with a spoon holding the letters G.U.H. to hint at a satisfactory resolution, as the letters are too easily misconstrued as GCH resulting in much confusion and irritation.
Maybe it'd be better if each letter included a 'this way up' arrow.
- The future missus is trying on wedding dresses for the first time and for the first time since I've known her I'm not going to be there giving her flawless fashion advice and helping her pick the outfits that best bring out her beauty. I feel all nervous and funny inside.
- Are new blenders (the second one doing this) supposed to give off a burning rubber smell that makes you feel like throwing up, even after the umpteenth usage?
- Why is Snake smoking the entire installation of Metal Gear Solid 4? He's been through 3 cigs in 5 minutes. I expected to find an uproar about this online, but... nothing.
- Your puny earthling civilization has finally recognized my identity, kowtowing to my demands that they send out a certain rare and unique item. This 'change of name certificate' is worth squillions back back on my planet. I just might not vaporize your species today after all.
- has st-st-started stut-st-stuttering again. I d-d-don't know why. Talking too fast for thoughts to catch up, maybe.
- has his wrist all wrapped up in gauze after failed attempt #3 at making Sue her perfect cup of coffee. Anyone else make it by mashing the sugar and coffee together with few drops of water? Winds up all creamy and frothy if you pour it and stir at just right.
- Fail of the day: Sitting at your desk? Make clockwork circles with your right foot. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand...
- will spend the day looking forward to making himself a banana milkshake with the last reasonably priced bananas in Aus until the north recovers from cyclone yasi.
- anyone else feel like slapping the TV every time the US President shows up to talk about Egypts "difficult days ahead" - EVERY SINGLE NEWSCAST? Since when did Obama become Terran Overlord? As much as I like him more than Bush - go focus on your own economy!